Thursday 5 March 2015

The 'Madness' That Can Change Your Life!


The first time I heard the gospel, I said to myself “this is absolute madness!” Yet the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ changed my life. Now, I’m not perfect, no one is; but I’m glad that when God looks at me, He doesn’t see my imperfections; He sees the perfect image of His Son Jesus.

The change I found is taking me from glory to glory, and from faith to faith as I learn every day to focus on the perfect image of Christ, and not on my imperfections. Praise God!

Now as I attempt to contain my joy, let’s consider what the true gospel really is (and I can bet you a fortune, this will change your life!).



The word ‘gospel’ means good news. As a matter of fact, it literally means news too good to be true. What then is the good news? It is the good news that in spite of who you are and what you’ve done, God’s mercy and grace has been extended to you through the Lord Jesus Christ, and all you have to do is simply receive it by faith (a disposition of trust towards God and His word).

In Apostle Paul’s letter to the Church in Rome, he boldly declared that the gospel is the power of God unto salvation.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jews first, and also to the Greek. – Romans 1:16

You’ll notice that he describes the gospel as the power of God to salvation. The word salvation, which is translated from the Greek word soteria or in short sozo, is not only limited to deliverance from eternal damnation but it includes protection, favour, health, peace, fulfillment, and so on. Verse 17 is the key however, that unlocks the revelation.

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, the just shall live by faith. – Romans 1:17

In other words, the gospel of Jesus Christ carries the power of God to produce all that God desires to accomplish in your life, because it is in the gospel that the righteousness of God is revealed. 


Righteousness here simply implies a right standing with God. So here’s the key: the power of God will make you walk in the fear of the Lord, live in health and prosperity, succeed in all you do, if you have this righteousness or right standing with God that is based on your faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Earning a right standing or acceptance with God is something no man except Jesus attained. God’s standard of holiness is perfection, and our best efforts to live righteously and earn this right standing before Him will always come short. Before Jesus, every man could only be justified by their own works of righteousness, and no one could fulfill the righteous requirement of the laws of Moses.

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the corners thereunto perfect. – Hebrews 10:1

This necessitated the coming of Jesus Christ, who fulfilling all that was needed to earn that right standing with God, made a way for you and me to receive it by acknowledging Him as our Saviour, putting our faith in His accomplished work for us.

Friends, if our best efforts were good enough, Jesus wouldn’t have come to the earth! We cannot improve upon what Jesus has done to obtain for us righteousness or right standing with God, Jesus’ work was complete, thorough and finished. 


The Church is seemingly powerless today because we have ignored the gospel of Jesus, the power of God to the blessings of God. We are constantly striving to earn the favour of God by our own works, thereby limiting the power of God in our lives. As you learn to come to God on the basis of what Jesus has done, it becomes easier to position your faith to receive His best because you understand that God is not dealing with you based on your efforts to please Him, but based on Jesus’ righteousness credited to you by faith.

Hear me now, no matter who you are, or what you’ve done, if you want to come into right standing and have peace and an intimate relationship with God, Jesus paid the price. All you have to do is make this confession with faith in your heart:

Lord Jesus, I acknowledge you as the Son of God who died for my sins, and on the third day you were raised again for my justification. I ask you to come into my heart, even as you cleanse me from my sins with your precious blood. Thank you Lord, Amen.

If you prayed that prayer with faith, then you have received right standing with God, locate a Bible-based Church that will help you grow in Christ. You can also share with me your praise report of how the gospel of Jesus has changed your life via e-mail (brightsings@gmail.com) or Facebook (www.facebook.com/brightsings)

Remain kept by God’s grace.

1 comment:

  1. The gospel is truly news too good to be true. I was blown away at my first encounter and I still get blown away daily as I get to know more about God. The Bible remains the oldest book with the latest news.

    ReplyDelete